Mood Walks Volunteer
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Sandra Bell, Peer Support Specialist
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To welcome and encourage members to participate in the Mood Walks Group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- attend the Mood Walks regularly
- make members of the Mood Walks , especially new members, feel welcome
- answer questions that participants might have about other H.O.P.E. programs
- track the number of participants for the peer support worker to record statistics
- refer any concerns for follow-up
- Mood Walks is held at various locations throughout Brant County and surrounding area.
- Wednesdays – 10:00 a.m.. to 12:00 p.m. during summer and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. the rest of the year.
- friendly and welcoming
- respectful of others
- current or former user of mental health services
- satisfactory police record check
- some knowledge of Brantford’s trail system an asset
Orientation to Mood Walks, other H.O.P.E. programs and Safe hiker guidelines.
Possibility of becoming a Certified Hike Leader through Hike Ontario after 3 months of regular attendance.