Our Mission, Vision, Beliefs and Commitment
H.O.P.E. is an organization run by & for consumers of mental health services. We work collaboratively with our community to empower people in their recovery by providing meaningful employment, peer support, education and advocacy.
H.O.P.E. is a well-known centre of recovery supporting mental health consumers to lead fully engaged lives in Brant County.
Our Mission Statement
H.O.P.E. is a consumer/survivor organization providing meaningful employment, advocacy and peer support for mental health consumers in Brant County.
- Our illness is not our identity.
- Recovery is a journey – not a destination.
- Recovering from the effects of mental illness is possible. We know because we are the face of recovery.
- Inspiring hope and optimism is critical to our recovery.
- Employment, meaningful engagement and faith are cornerstones for quality of life.
- People can and want to play a part in their community.
- Stigma and discrimination are barriers to social inclusion. Together we can remove barriers!
- You alone can do it but you can’t do it alone. We are here to help.
- Consumer-driven: Members will play an active role in programming, decision-making & advocacy.
- Consumer-leadership: Our members will take on leadership roles – we all have something to offer.
- Responsive: We will listen, respond and reflect members’ wants and needs – in a timely way to decision-makers.
- Collaborative: We will work with members, community partners and stakeholders to fulfill our mission.
- Accountable: We are accountable to our funders, members, partners and stakeholders in meeting our commitments.