H.O.P.E. is an organization run by and for consumers of mental health services in Brant County. We work collaboratively with our community to help people in their recovery by providing meaningful employment, peer support, employment and advocacy. H.O.P.E receives funding through the Hamilton-Niagara-Haldimand-Brant Local Health Integration Network and donations to provide programs and services.
Peer support is core to all that we do!
Click to download Volunteer Application
Whether we are offering peer support to our program participants, volunteers or our co-workers, H.O.P.E. staff & volunteers embrace the following values:
- Mutual respect for all persons regardless of circumstances
- Empathy for individuals who have experienced mental illness
- Personal responsibility for one’s own actions & decisions
- Understanding that comes from personal experience with mental illness
- Non-judgmental support
- Hope for recovery from the effects of mental illness
- Self-Determination to make one’s own choices
- Self-care for one’s own health
- Give-and-take between all people
- Mentoring to share life learnings with others
Recovery is our destination
Funded by: Local Health Integration Network