IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide occasional help in the H.O.P.E. office for a responsive and welcoming environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- answer the phone when staff are busy
- relay messages to staff
- welcome visitors to the office and direct them to the correct staff or other resources
- provide callers or visitors with information about H.O.P.E.’s programs and activities
- stuff We Care packages in advance
- call members and/or participants to give reminders for upcoming events/workshops
- track number of calls/visits for Program Manager to record statistics
- filing non-confidential documents in filing cabinet
- assist in developing flyers, posters, newsletters, etc.
- office location – 116 Dalhousie Street, second floor
- as needed from Mondays to Fridays, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- friendly and welcoming
- respectful of others
- satisfactory police record check
- computer skills in Word, Outlook, MS Publisher
- basic computer tasks, e.g. word processing, desktop publishing
- current or former user of mental health services
- 4 hours of peer support training
- Orientation to H.O.P.E.’s programs and services
- The Program Manager or Administrative Assistant will be available on site for all or part of each shift to open the office and refer any urgent matters to
- Monthly contact by Program Manager to review volunteer activities and give feedback